STAR+PLUS is a Texas Medicaid managed care program for people who have disabilities or are age 65 or older. People in STAR+PLUS get Medicaid health care and long-term services and support through a medical plan that they choose.
Molina Healthcare of Texas offers STAR+PLUS Medicaid in the following service areas:
- El Paso
- MRSA Northeast
Members in the STAR+PLUS program can get Medicaid benefits like:
- Primary and specialty physician care services.
- Prescription drugs and medical supplies.
- Medical checkups
- Behavioral health services.
- Hospital care.
- Nursing facility care services.
- Vision services.
- Family planning services.
STAR+PLUS members can also get Long-term services and supports such as:
- Day Activity and Health Services (DAHS)
- Primary Home Care (PHC)
And other services under the STAR+PLUS Home and Community-Based Services Waiver that include:
- Personal assistance services
- Adaptive aids
- Adult foster care home services
- Assisted living
- Emergency response services
- Home delivered meals
- Medical supplies
- Minor home modifications (making changes to your home so you can safely move around)
- Nursing services
- Respite care (short-term care to provide a break for caregivers)
- Therapies (occupational, physical, and speech-language)
- Transitional assistance services
At Molina Healthcare, we care about your health. We offer all benefits covered under Medicaid, along with value added services, quality care and the support you need to stay healthy. All at no cost! More information can be found in the STAR+PLUS Handbook. Learn More.
Nursing Facility (NF) Carve-in
Molina Healthcare of Texas covers benefits for Nursing Facility (NF) members.
People in nursing facilities covered by Medicaid will get their basic health services (acute care) and long-term care services through the STAR+PLUS Medicaid managed care program. People who get both Medicaid and Medicare (dual eligible) will get their basic health services through Medicare and their long-term care services through STAR+PLUS Medicaid.
Nursing Facility (NF) Carve-in - Providing Medicaid basic medical services (acute care) through STAR+PLUS is designed to:
- Improve quality of care for nursing facility residents
- Promote care in the least restrictive, most suitable setting.
The following populations are excluded from the Nursing Facilities for the STAR+PLUS program:
- Children and young adults under age 21
- Truman W. Smith Children's Care Center residents
- State Veteran's home residents
To learn more about STAR+PLUS for people living in nursing homes, click here.