Medicaid Renewals

You must report your child’s Medicaid eligibility with your local County Department of Job and Family Services (CDJFS) every 12 months or your child will lose his or her benefits. This renewal process is called Medicaid Redetermination.

How do I renew my child's Medicaid eligibility?
You must renew your child's eligibility by reporting your income to your local CDJFS. There are 4 ways to renew your benefits:

  1. Log in to your self-service portal account, or click “sign up” if you don’t have an account
  2. Click on “Link My Case(s)”
  3. Select “Renew My Benefits”
  4. Complete the necessary steps to submit your renewal
  • By Phone: Call the Medicaid Hotline at (800) 324-8680, option 8 (TTY: (800) 292-3572).
  • By Mail: Complete the form you received in the mail and send it to your local CDJFS. You can find the address on the front page of the letter or on the County Agency Directory.
  • In Person: Visit your local CDJFS to drop off your forms in a drop box. Bring the documents you need to report your income and fill out a form in person when the office is open.


    What if I need a ride to the CDJFS office?
    As a Molina Healthcare member, you may use your extra transportation benefit to schedule a ride to your local CDJFS office. Call (866) 642-9279 at any time to schedule a ride. Call at least two business days before you need a ride.

    How often do I need to renew my child’s Medicaid benefits?
    You only need to renew your child’s Medicaid benefits every 12 months.

    What information do I need to renew my child’s benefits?
    To renew your child’s benefits, you must have:

    • Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants who need insurance).
    • Employer and income information for you and everyone in your family. This includes pay stubs, W-2 forms, or wage and tax statements.
    • Policy numbers for your current health insurance.
    • Information about job-related insurance available to you and your family.

    If you do not give enough information to determine your child’s eligibility, the CDJFS will ask you for more information. Your child will keep his or her Medicaid-covered benefits until the CDJFS decides whether or not your child is eligible for continued benefits.

    What happens after I report my income?
    The form will be processed and you will hear back from the CDJFS in 1-2 weeks. You will get instructions from your local CDJFS on the next steps to complete the renewal process.
    If you don’t hear back within 2 weeks, call your local CDJFS or the Ohio Medicaid Hotline at (800) 324-8680.

    Who can help me renew my child’s Medicaid benefits?

    Your local CDJFS office can help you renew your child’s benefits. They collect and process your information. They decide if your child still qualifies for benefits. Click here to find your local CDJFS.

    For additional resources, you can:

    • Call the Ohio Medicaid Hotline at (800) 324-8680 (TTY 711).
    • Call 2-1-1, a free and confidential resource available at any time.
    • Visit the Benefit Bank website at
    • Find a Certified Application Counselor at

    What if I didn't report my income in time and my child lost his or her benefits?

    If you did not report your income before your child’s Medicaid Renewal deadline, you will get a termination letter from the CDJFS. The termination letter will tell you that your child no longer gets Medicaid benefits.

    You have 90 days from the day you get your child’s termination letter to renew his or her Medicaid benefits. See “How do I renew my child’s Medicaid eligibility?” above to find out how to renew your child’s benefits.

    If you do not submit your child’s Medicaid Redetermination paperwork in the 90 days after your child’s Medicaid Renewal deadline, your child will no longer be eligible to go through the Medicaid Redetermination process. You must re-apply for Medicaid benefits.

    What if my child’s Medicaid benefits were ended by mistake?

    If you think your child’s benefits were ended by mistake, you can ask the Ohio Department of Medicaid to review their termination decision. This is called an appeal. You can find out how to appeal by calling the Ohio Department of Medicaid at (800) 324-8680. Your child’s eligibility and other important information will be explained to you.

    My child receives waiver services and I missed his or her Medicaid renewal date. What should I do?

    Contact your child’s Care Manager and Waiver Services Coordinator right away. Changes to your child’s Medicaid coverage may impact how he or she gets needed health services.

    What if my child doesn’t qualify for Medicaid and still needs help?

    Your child may qualify for other health insurance. The Health Insurance Marketplace is a great way to get health insurance for less. Visit Molina Marketplace to learn more or call (855) 540-1982 (TTY/TDD: 711).

    To learn more about Marketplace, go to or call (800) 318-2596.

    What should I do if my income changes?

    If your income changes at any time, you must report this to your local CDJFS within 10 days.

    Changes of income can include the following:

    ‐ One-time gifts or payments
    ‐ Change in hourly wage or salary
    ‐ Change in full-time or part-time status
    ‐ Gain or loss of employment

    If you do not report your income, you run the risk of losing your child’s benefits and will be responsible for any bills that were paid either by Molina Healthcare or the Ohio Department of Medicaid.