Health Management Programs
If you live with a chronic condition, Molina Healthcare offers a variety of programs that can help. You may also receive:
- A member newsletter twice a year or more, with upcoming events, member benefits, health tips and other important information
- Reminder cards or phone calls to help you remember check-ups, immunizations, screenings and women's health appointments (Pap tests or mammograms)
- Information and resources for other services to improve your health
- Materials on many health topics by asking your provider or calling Member Services
Breathe with Ease® Asthma Program
Members (age two and up) who have asthma can learn about:
- Asthma triggers
- Early warning signs
- Correct use of asthma medicines
- Working with your provider to prevent asthma flare-ups
- How to use an inhaler with a spacer (Coming Soon) and a peak flow meter
Living with Diabetes® Program
Members who have diabetes can learn about:
- The different types of diabetes
- Self-care for diabetics, including meal planning, exercise tips, and medicines that can help
- Working with your provider and other health care partners to control your diabetes
Living with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Program
Adult members who have COPD can learn about:
- How to quit smoking
- The warning signs of COPD
- Correct use of prescribed medicine
- Working with your provider to control your COPD
Heart Healthy Living® Program
Adult members who have high blood pressure, coronary artery disease and/or congestive heart failure can learn about:
- Medical facts of these conditions
- The correct way to take your medicines
- Lifestyle adjustments to manage your condition, like quitting smoking or changing your diet
What do members enrolled in Health Management Programs receive?
You may receive:
- Health education materials and/or newsletters
- Help with services like transportation and appointments
- Referrals to outside resources
How do members enroll?
To be in the program, you must meet certain requirements. You may get a call or letter from a nurse or case manager about working with your provider to get you the right care and advice.
Molina Healthcare uses the following information to identify members for these programs:
- Other health management programs
You can refer yourself for a program, or your provider may refer you. It's your choice if you want to be in the program. You can ask to be removed at any time.
Need more information?
Call our Health Management Department at (866) 891-2320 (TTY/TDD: 711). Our staff can let you know what programs you are currently enrolled in and answer your questions. You can also ask for a referral or ask to be removed from a program.