As a follow-up to yesterday's post
, here are five more tips to avoid gaining extra weight around the holidays. Wishing all of you a happy Thanksgiving!
- If you have diabetes, closely monitor your blood sugar. Choose more protein food sources and non starchy vegetables.
- There is usually a multitude of desserts at holiday events. Be choosy and have the one dessert you really want, but a smaller portion. Pumpkin pie is lower in calories than pecan pie.
- After a holiday meal, take part in some form of physical activity. Taking a walk is a great way to catch up with family and friends.
- If you are hosting a party, give away left over foods to eliminate the temptation of re-indulgence.
- Finally plan to maintain a regular schedule of exercise and eat healthy in between holiday events since we take in more calories this time of year.